Hero image showing a calculator and pen

Changing Your Name


If you change your legal name for any reason (for example due to a marriage or divorce) you should notify the Social Security Administration to record your new name and receive a new social security card.

You can contact the Social Security Administration as follows:

Web-Site: www.ssa.gov

Phone: 800-772-1213

When you file your tax return with the IRS, the IRS will match your name AND social security number (which should match your new social security card).

If there is a mismatch, this could delay processing your tax return.

In addition, you should notify all other parties of your name change that you have a personal and or financial relationship with.

CALL NOW 561-746-1926 or 561-339-8102 if you have any questions or concerns or would like to schedule a FREE, Confidential, No-Obligation Tax-Saving Consultation.