Hero image showing a calculator and pen

IRS Transcripts


If you need to obtain copies of your tax records from the IRS, you have various ways to request them from the IRS.

You can register to use Get Transcript Online at the IRS website to view, print, or download your tax records.

If you are unable to register or you prefer not to use Get Transcript Online, you may order a tax return transcript and or a tax account transcript using Get Transcript by Mail or call 800-908-9946.

You may also request any transcript by faxing/mailing Form 4506-T, Request for Transcript of Tax Return as instructed on the form.


1-Tax Return Transcript: shows most lines from your original tax return as filed, along with any forms or schedules.

2-Tax Account Transcript: shows basic data such as return type, marital status, adjusted gross income, taxable income, and all payments types. It also shows changes made after you've filed your original return.

3-Record of Account Transcript: combines the tax return and tax account transcripts above into one complete transcripts.

4-Wage and Income Transcript: shows dats from information returns the IRS received such as Forms W-2, 1099, 1098 and Form 5498.

5-Verification of Non-Filing Letter: provides proff that the IRS has no record of a filed tax return for the year you requested. It doesn't indicate whether you were required to file a return for that year.

NOTE: A transcript isn't a photocopy of your tax return. If you need a copy of your original return, complete and mail Form 4501, Request for Copy of Tax Return, along with the applicable fee.

NOTE: If you are married, each spouse will have to apply individually for their tax records according to IRS instructions.

Be sure the IRS has your current and correct mailing address. You may need to file Form 8822 Change of Address before you request any transcripts be mailed to you.

NOTE: Certain IRS transcripts are available for a limited number of years. Try to get your transcripts as early as possible if you discover you may need them.

NOTE: If you used a paid tax preparer, they are required to provide you with a signed copy of your filed tax return.

CALL NOW 561-746-1926 or 561-339-8102 if you have any questions or concerns or would like to schedule a FREE, Confidential, No-Obligation Tax-Saving Consultation.