Hero image showing a calculator and pen

Taxpayer Identification Numbers


A Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) is an identification number used by the IRS in the administration of the tax laws.

It is issued either by the Social Security Administration or by the IRS.

A Social Security Number is issued by the Social Security Administration.

All other TINS are issued by the IRS.

Types of TIN's:

SSN = Social Security Number

EIN = Employer Identification Number

ITIN = Individual Taxpayer Identification Number

A TIN must be furnished on tax returns, statements, and other tax related documents.

How To Get A TIN:

1-Social Security Administration:


Form SS-5 for a Social Security Number


Form SS-4 for an EIN

Form W-7 for a ITIN

CALL NOW 561-746-1926 or 561-339-8102 if you have any questions or concerns or would like to schedule a FREE, Confidential, No-Obligation Tax-Saving Consultation.